I’m an Executive Assistant (EA) with a background in Art History, eager to share some professional and personal experiences with the world!
My main professional tasks and responsibilities as an EA are:
- Acting as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients, vendors, and others.
- Using various software, including spreadsheets, databases, and presentation software.
- Performing office duties such as ordering supplies and managing a records database.
- Researching data to prepare documents for review and presentation by executives.
- Preparing financial statements, reports, letters, invoices, and other documents.
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for executives.
- Filing and retrieving corporate records, documents, and reports.
- Provide general administrative and sales support.
- Oversee the performance of other clerical staff.
- Managing payroll and other bookkeeping tasks.
Other key skills 🙂
- Heading up a variety of miscellaneous groups and committees.
- Sending office-wide emails that make everyone roll their eyes.
- Doing the job that entire teams of assistants used to do.
- Being the unofficial source of all knowledge.
- Being an executive’s unofficial therapist.
- Mastering multi-tasking.
- Fixing everything.
- Always on call.